The MVC is more than education! Attendees can choose from a variety of special events to attend in between and after sessions, including:
- Christian Veterinary Mission Seminars — Attendees are invited to join CVM to discuss a new topic each year (TBA).
- Connection Corner — This popular luncheon is a chance for students to ask questions and network with veterinarians in their field of interest.
- MVC Sunday Lunch — Enjoy a complimentary meal while listening to the MVC's keynote speaker.
- MVC Zumba — All attendees are welcome to attend these free morning workout sessions.
- OVMA Auxiliary Silent Auction — Attendees are invited to stop by the auction on their way through the Exhibit Hall to browse items for sale and to place their bids. Proceeds go to veterinary student scholarships.
- OVMA Member Business Meeting — OVMA members are invited to a continental breakfast and to hear from OVMA staff and officers regarding changes to membership and news in the profession.
- Recent Grad Town Hall Reception — Veterinarians who graduated within the past five years are invited to mingle with other recent grads and seasoned veterinarians, who will offer advice and resources.
- Shelter Animal Reception — This free event, hosted by the OVMA Shelter Animal Education Committee, is open to shelter volunteers and veterinarians, dog wardens, rescue workers, etc.
- Student Apprecation Reception — OVMA student members are invited to this annual event to get to know the OVMA and win one of several door prizes.
- Veterinary Exploration Conferences — High school and undergraduate students are invited to this day-long workshop, held in conjunction with the MVC, to discover the many careers in the veterinary field.
More information about 2016 events will be posted in fall 2015.