Compensation & Expenses Policy
- Speakers will be paid an honorarium of $325 per hour of presentation.
- A flat travel stipend is provided in lieu of actual speaker out-of-pocket expenses.
- Speakers receive complimentary MVC registration (does not include hands-on labs) and a copy of the conference proceedings on flash drive
- To have your airfare paid for by OVMA, your reservation must be made through the OVMA's designated travel agent. Flight request must be made by Dec. 8, 2017.
- If you choose to not use the designated travel agent, we regret that we cannot cover your airfare.
- If you do not need a flight, OVMA will cover your mileage at the current IRS reimbursement rate not to exceed $400 total.
- OVMA pays hotel room and tax for those nights reflective of the speaking engagement. Additional nights shall be covered by the speaker.
- If the speaker resides in Ohio but outside Central Ohio (defined as Franklin and its contiguous counties), and speaks at least three hours, the OVMA will:
- Pay the hotel room and tax of the speaker for those nights reflective of the speaking engagement
- Pay the mileage from their home city to Columbus at the IRS reimbursable rate
- Speakers that reside within Central Ohio will receive a flat $25 travel stipend to cover parking and mileage.