Please log on to the Speaker Service Center beginning in July to submit the required items by the due dates shown below. This allows the OVMA to more effectively promote you and your sessions on the MVC website and in the registration program mailed to potential attendees in the fall.
You will receive an email invitation once the Speaker Service Center opens, with instructions on submitting the required items. If you have any questions, please view the Speaker FAQs or contact Aimee Becker.
Due : July 28, 2017
Contact Information & Credentials
Please provide your mailing address, phone number, and email address, as well as your name and credentials exactly as you'd like them to appear in MVC marketing materials.
Industry Affiliation Disclosure (if any)
OVMA requests that speakers disclose any affiliation with and/or financial interest in any companies/products related to the veterinary industry outside of their current employer. Identification of such is simply to make MVC attendees aware in the interest of transparency.
The Speaker Contract provides all the details of your agreement to speak at the 2018 MVC, including:
- Specific speaking arrangements: Agreed-upon date(s) and number of hours for speaker presentation(s).
- Compensation: Please provide the MVC with payment instructions for your honorarium and whether you or your employer should receive the payment. See the OVMA's Compensation & Expenses Policy for details.
- Hotel and air travel policy: Describes what travel-related expenses will be covered by OVMA.
- Copyright acknowledgment
- Other general terms and conditions
Due : Aug. 11, 2017
Session Titles and Descriptions
A brief explanation of what your presentation will consist of, including session titles.
- Session titles should be no longer than 80 characters (including spaces and punctuation).
- Session descriptions can be no longer than 750 characters and should concisely and accurately summarize the content to be covered in the session.
- If you need to make changes to your sessions after submission, please contact Aimee Becker directly with your request.
Due : Oct. 16, 2017
Travel Arrangements (Eligible speakers)
Verify whether you will need airfare or mileage reimbursement. See the OVMA's Travel & Hotel Accommodations Policy for more information.
Hotel Reservation Request (Eligible speakers)
Verify whether you will need hotel accommodations and whether you wish to stay longer than the allotted number of nights. See the OVMA's Travel & Hotel Accommodations Policy for more information.
General photographs of attendees and speakers may be taken during the course of the event to be used by MVC in reporting on the event to attendees and others.
Speaker Biography and Photograph
The speaker biography is a brief summary of your credentials and relevant accomplishments. It is used on the MVC website, Conference Proceedings, and in session introductions. Please note there is a 750-character limit.
Audio Recording Waiver
Denote whether you consent to your sessions being recorded. All speaker-approved sessions will be audio recorded for purchase by attendees.
Audio Visual Equipment List & Request
The MVC provides the following standard A/V equipment in each session room. If you need additional equipment, please denote as such in the A/V request form.
- Podium microphone
- LCD projector
- Projection screen
- Wireless lavalier microphone
- Audio mixer
- Slide advancer
- Laptop computer (optional)
Due : Dec. 8, 2017
Scientific Notes and/or PowerPoint Presentations
Conference Proceedings are made available to attendees in digital form prior to the Conference. See the OVMA's Materials Guidelines for specific instructions.