Join us for a tasteful fundraiser benefiting the Ohio Animal Health Foundation. Guests will sample a variety of notable wines while mingling with colleagues after a long day of sessions. This is a pour decision you won’t regret making! After all, it’s for a good riesling: Your contribution will help OAHF ensure a brighter future for animals.
About the Ohio Animal Health Foundation
The Ohio Animal Health Foundation focuses on finding solutions to the problems animals and their caregivers face. A non-profit organization that is affiliated with the Ohio Veterinary Medical Association, OAHF’s vision is to improve the future of animal health. Through the efforts of Ohio veterinarians and funds provided by animal lovers statewide, OAHF is able to support educational, scientific research and service programs that enable animal care professionals to better serve people and the animals in their lives. Learn More
• When: Friday, Feb. 23 , 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
• Where: The Venue at Smith Hardware Building (580 N. Fourth St., Columbus)
• Registration: $125 per person (tax-deductible charitable donation); pre-registration required by Feb. 16, 2018.
• How to Register: Select event under “Session and Event Selection” on paper registration form or on the session selection page during online registration.
Are you looking for your next opportunity? Does your practice need a new associate or a student intern for the summer? The MVC is pleased to host a job fair for veterinary employers and attendees on site on Saturday during the Conference. This new networking opportunity is being offered with the support and cooperation of The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine Office of Career Management.
Employers may reserve a table in advance for a fee of $50, which includes a skirted six-foot table, two chairs, table sign, and online posting. A limited number of employer tables are available and will be awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis. In addition, a limited number of semi-private interview rooms will be available in 20-minute segments for employers who are participating in the job fair. Companies can reserve no more than two interview room time slots. Eligible employers are those who have one or more veterinarians attending the MVC and/or who are OVMA members.
Job seekers will be able to meet with a variety of companies, learn about their job openings, and potentially set up a brief interview. A list of participating employers will be available prior to the MVC online at www.mvcinfo.org/jobfair. Be sure to bring business cards and an up-to-date resume!
• When: Saturday, Feb. 24, 2 to 4 p.m.
• Registration: Free for job seekers; no advance registration required. $50 for employers; advance registration required.
• How to Register: Employers may register online by adding “MVC Job Fair” on the Session Selection page under “Special Events” (if attending Conference as well) or “MVC Job Fair” on Admission Type page (if not attending the rest of the Conference).
Telemedicine, opioid diversion, shifting roles in veterinary leadership, advancing technology, emerging diseases, and myriad other issues have an enormous impact on the profession—shaping how, where, when, and even why you practice veterinary medicine. How will your job evolve in the coming years? How can you adapt to all these changes? Join us and your animal care professional colleagues for insights into an emerging issue of importance for the profession while enjoying a complimentary lunch.
Special thanks to Silver Sponsor IDEXX for supporting this event.
• When: Sunday, Feb. 25, 11:45 a.m. to 12:50 p.m.
• Registration: None required
More information on the keynote speaker and presentation will be posted as the event nears.